Setting up a workspace at home or office is always an arduous task. The investments are massive, as you might need multiple computers, monitors, or peripherals by your side all the time. Not just this, but the most painstaking task is moving around the office controlling this multitude of devices. What if you get a stupendous solution to cater to all these woes? Yes, you heard it right; a KVM switch can do wonders if you need to control multiple computers.
Want to know more about this stellar piece of technology? Let’s dive into it!
What is a KVM switch?
The acronym KVM stands for “Keyboard, Video (monitor), Mouse.” KVM switch for two computers is a blessing as it helps control and toggle between them via a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse. This set is also referred to as the KVM switch console, wherein it has a switch to carry out the swapping process. All in all, this box-like device with one set of keyboard, monitor, and mouse, handling two computers simultaneously becomes so effortless, isn’t it!
Besides, there are various types and sizes of KVM switch wherein some connect two computers while some more. Further in the guide, let’s see how to set up a KVM switch!
How to connect a KVM switch
It doesn’t matter what size and shape your KVM switch is, because they all work in the same fashion. First things first, connect the keyboard, mouse, and monitor to the KVM switch. Next on the list is to connect the KVM switch to the computers you wish to manage. After this, you are a “switch” away to control the multiple computers. Most importantly, if using a switch is a problem, you may employ user-definable hotkeys and universal hotkeys for computer switching. Besides, many KVM switches have LED lights on the port that indicate the selected device.
So, that was all about how a KVM switch works! Now let’s dive into its benefits.
Benefits of using a KVM switch
- When using a KVM switch, access becomes very easy. You don’t have to run from one corner to other managing the tasks on the computers. With a capable KVM switch by your side, handle them smoothly using one set of keyboard, monitor, and mouse.
- With the help of a switch, you can control the computer without any arduousness. Amid this, the best part is that the whole switching process is fast with minimal lags while managing the peripherals.
- No one likes wires hanging around or cluttering the desk. Moreover, two sets of each peripheral lead to congestion of space. To waive off these hurdles, the KVM switch is a blessing. With this gadget by your side, get ready to revel in enormous space. Most importantly, with the minimization of peripherals, the cost also comes down considerably. Indeed, a key highlighter of using a KVM switch.
- It’s not about peripherals alone, KVM switch with the audio interface is also a common scenario. It helps connect audio devices like headphones, speakers, or a mic.
- Last but not the least, KVM switch helps toggle between Operating Systems as well, like Mac and Windows. These KVM switches come with CD equipped with software utilities. As you switch between OS, these utilities are configured depending upon the OS.
How Cadyce satiates the need for KVM switch
With this blog, we hope the working of the KVM switch is explained. Now you know how a KVM switch is used to connect multiple computers and how fruitful this device is. Most importantly, KVM switch and gaming share a longstanding bond especially when you wish to toggle between game and work.
With so many features known, if you wish to buy a KVM switch, then many brands will satiate your requirement. However, if you are looking for the most trustworthy source, then Cadyce should be your ultimate choice. A 2 Port HDMI USB KVM Switch called CA-HDK200 by Cadyce is an amazing gadget to juggle work and gaming vibes!